Friday 18 November 2022

I KEEP GETTING FUNNY LOOKS WHEN DRIVING IN TOWN

 Recently, when I've been parking the car or stopping at crossings I get funny looks from pedestrians.

Today, a guy almost jumped as he crossed in front of me. I noticed that he was intently looking at the front  of the car and then back up to me.

Recently, The Old Girl smashed the car up (actually she bumped into a low concrete fence) causing dents and scrapes to the left hand front.




It's starting to look like Richard's car* so I'd better do something about it.

With resale values of cars at rock bottom nowadays it's not worth getting it panelbeated and then they would just put on entire new panels necessitating the car being repainted. The cost would be prohibitive. I think I'll just sand it down and apply some auto paint. There's no danger of rust as it's all made of plastic. 

Mind you, it's worth the look of those pedestrian's faces who wonder if I'll see to them next.





* Richard's car has dents and scrapes all over it which keeps pedestrians, cyclists and other cars well away.

3 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

I've heard that the first thing you should do when buying a new car is put a scratch on it. Then you stop worrying.
I've had two people back into my car. A boy scratch it with his bicycle and another person hook and pull off the left front fender while reversing.

Richard (of RBB) said...

A learner driver supposedly bumped into my car at school. The lady from the course came to look for me. Without looking at my cat, I just said, "Don't worry about it."

Richard (of RBB) said...

Cat = car.