Friday 11 November 2022

"YOU CAN'T WAIT FOR INSPIRATION. YOU HAVE TO GO AFTER IT WITH A CLUB" *

* JACK LONDON.


It looks like Richard is starting up a new club.

 



He seems to make a habit of doing this every 50 years or so and maybe has forgotten that the last one he presided over was compulsorily disbanded and THE one that he joined in Taumarunui kicked him out.

Remember what this joker said about clubs:


I asked Richard who might join his new RBB/RSA club. So far he hasn't responded but I'll surmise.

  • Robert - or Bert as he's now known. That's a given.
  • That homeless guy in the Wainuiomata Mall.
  • Some random guy who owes him money and or a favour.
  • A hairless cat.



8 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Get out and do some work around the house matey! Oh, that's right, it's raining.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Rain has stopped.
I’ve weeded the front garden.
Why don’t you feed your cat - it looks grumpy.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Have you been to confession?
Baptized Catholics need to go once a year at least.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Yes. I went in 1966. I think that still counts. I told the silly old priest I'd had bad thoughts. That was the easy way out that us guys used to use. These days I don't feel a desire to confess to muddled up men who should be getting help with their mental health so that they don't damage others.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Well said Richard. I too think that 1966 was my last confession. I remember feeling a bit embarrassed because at that time I'd given up on the whole silly nonsense and had to make some things up. 'Impure' thoughts might have been the blurb.

Anyway, why did Bert bring this up and, why does he use American spelling for 'baptise'?

Richard (of RBB) said...

To be fair, there is evidence that 'baptize' might be an old English spelling.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Yea, Robert does use any old English.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

So do I by use of that ‘yea’.