Saturday 5 November 2022

GETTING THERE

 I've finished rust proofing the metal edges above the panel at the front of the house.


Now I just have to touch up the painted panel where I've splashed rust proofer on before The Old Girl sees it. I'll also paint the metal 'roof' at the top of the panel. This is higher than it appears in the photo and will be a bit 'hairy' at points.



I can reach the side part by putting a ladder up on top of the scaffolding which will mean standing on the top rung while painting.


The combined height of the scaffolding and the ladder makes for a fairly daunting prospect.


I'll be able to do the front parts and the other side by folding out and extending the ladder to maximum from the deck. I'm not actually looking forward to doing this but 'needs must'. I used to enjoy clambering up ladders and scaffolds but the stroke I had a couple of years ago has affected my balance.


Once this is done we'll be looking to buy a or some outdoor panels to affix - about 2 metres x 60 cm as a single panel or in a set of two or three.


The designs we like are made by Sarah C Design at Mangawai Heads. Unfortunately the website doesn't allow copying but here's a link if you want to see what we are hoping to get: Sarah C Design

Something with pohutukawa, ferns, water etc would be nice. It will have to be hard wearing as this is north facing coastal.

I'll then have to get up on the ladders again using two stepladders and the 'plank'. Maybe I can get Rod to help me this time.



6 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

I love you, Peter.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Thanks but maybe you should tell Richard that you love him.
The poor old guy must be lonely because today he's been outside feeling his 'age'.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Praying to Mary can help us oldies stop feeling down there.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Yes, I can see that praying to imaginary beings can result in some sort of paralysis.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Good to see you boys having fun.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

How are you old man?
If you can't watch the NZ vs France rugby game this evening then you might be able to get the result on the news - better not try to get that new-fangled television going - see if you can get the radio .... sorry, the radiogram going .... sorry, the Crystal set ..... dammit! .... just wait for the telegram, or, the Pony Express whichever arrives first.