Wednesday 30 November 2022

MEA CULPA NUMBER - MANY

 I'm so sorry or, as we said in 3P back in the day, "Mea Culpa".

When tidying away kitchen dishes tonight while waiting for the pie (chicken, potato and leek) to cook I took the ceramic container that we put vegetable cuttings in, out to the composting bin in the garden.

Here's a look at the container (after I'd emptied it).

The ceramic container

The lid with the invisible mending that I suspect didn't fool The Old Girl

The complete package

We keep this under the sink and put vegetable cuttings in it. It's a great little unit which we've had for  more than 20 years and, apart from its little accident (neither of us admit to it) it's still intact.

I'm sorry that I've never featured 'Bin' in earlier posts but, here it is.


Oh, here's a pic of my pie which I'm about to cut into:




5 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Wow! This is a fascinating post! You two should feel very proud of yourselves for having such a useful, and attractive, pot!
If only we had one. You guys are masters of getting rid of vegetable waste. You should be combining to write a book on the subject. This is the best post I have read all year. No, the best post from the last five years!















Not.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I was very disappointed to discover that'Not' statement at the bottom of this post.
It was most unfair.
I'd been lead into a favourable acknowledgement of our kitchen pottery and, in fact called out to The old Girl to come and see what you'd written. This was in vain however as she's away. It was kind of like Stanley Kowalski plaintively calling out "Stella' in 'A Streetcar Named Desire'.

https://youtu.be/kYA9hvcLekg

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

I used to have one of those compost containers.
It tended to attract fruit flies.
Now I just have a bowl which I empty onto the compost daily.
I wonder if Richard composts his left overs?

Richard (of RBB) said...

We use an old ice cream container but, there again, I don't write posts about it. Who needs to when you've got a rubber hammer?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Look what I've started.

You guys now have material to write many (more) interesting posts than you usually do.
Kitchen scraps is just the beginning.
Have a look around the house and get inspiration.

I'm off to write about my new purchase - underpants.