Tuesday 14 November 2023

'JOGGING' THE MEMORY

 "What did you do in the printer wars grandad?" asked the little boy looking up with adulation admiration incredulation at his crusty old grandfather.


"The 2023 printer wars grandson?"

"Yes grandad. What did you do?"

"Well grandson, I was on the frontlines. I was in charge of the Cannon."

"Like great-uncle Robert at church grandad?"

No grandson that's the canon which is an entirely different thing. Catholics believe that it's a collection or list of sacred books accepted as genuine?'

"Yeah right eh grandad."

"Yeah right, You've got it grandson."

"But grandad .... about the printer wars..."

"Well, as I said grandson, I was on the front line in charge of the Cannon which ... "

"Which has an overhead hexagonal self refurbishing ink minimalising spectrum cartridge grandad?"

"That's the one grandson. It was a beauty but could only fire out about maybe 200 pages before another ink cartridge had to be fitted." 

"Was that bad grandad?"

"Yes grandson, very bad. I got plastered by those other guys - TC and TSB, who had superior equipment. TSB would totally cover my 200 pages with his Epson 20,000 pages and his ink bottles only cost him 18 quid! TC used a Brother and brother could that baby churn out the copies with a fast print speed of up to 18ppm while the automatic document feeder allowed him unattended scanning and copying of multi-page documents."

"Bummer grandad."

"No grandson, they didn't interfere with me in that .... oh, yeah, bummer."

"So TSB and TC were the big guns grandad?"

"That's so grandson, that's so."

"So, grandad, is that why you misspelled Canon as 'Cannon' so that you could feel at home with the 'big guns?"

"Ha ha grandson. With puns like that you'd make a good blogger. I remember one guy ... "

4 comments:

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

Canon is correct.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Good to see you printer boys having fun. That's my son in the background, so that picture is very old.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I know it's an old photo but you still look like you're at least a grandfather in it.

Richard (of RBB) said...

The beard made me look older.