Monday 27 November 2023

MYSTERIES SERIES PART ONE

 


I'm not sure if this will become a series but then, there are so many things that I don't know that could stretch out to a mysteries series.

I'm not talking about transubstantiation, virgin births, ascensions and assumptions here - that's just Catholic fairy tales. I'll leave it to Robert to try and bamboozle readers with that stuff. No, I'm talking about some things at the edge of my memory that bug me.

1. That tomato sauce TV advertisement.

In I think the late 1990s there was an animated television commercial advertising sauce. It depicted a couple in bed - a guy who was a chip (French fry type) and a female partner who was a bottle of tomato sauce. 

The female character said something like:

  "You don't appreciate me enough, I'm going to leave you."

The male character (the chip) looked a bit nonplussed and said:

"Who'll cook my tea?"

It was surreal and ever since, when The Old Girl is going away on a trip and asks me if I'll miss her I say:

 "Who'll cook my tea?"

I've tried to find this ad via internet searches but with no luck.


2. The 1960s British travel series set in Eastern Europe.

In the early 1960s I think there was a remarkable TV series (might have been BBC) where two guys (one named Renee) who could have been gay - they certainly were well dressed and swish - travelled through countries like Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary etc. in a big white British car (Daimler, Jaguar or similar) and reported on the local food, wine. music, dance and culture. It was whimsical and marvellous. I'd love to see this again. I've searched BBC historical programme sites and other similar sites on Google but have had no luck tracking it down.


Please advise if you are familiar with either or both of these. Your input will be appreciated.


5 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Nope.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Nope.



John Piss

Richard (of RBB) said...

Hey John, you're not supposed to write comments for the bag.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Stop taking the Piss ( off the comments).

Anonymous said...

Horse piss! I just realised there is going to be a part two


John Piss