Tuesday 5 July 2022

AM I AN UNCARING BASTARD?

 As you know, I'm a caring person and very rarely let vitriol enter into my behaviour and opinions.  "Chacun à son goût" I say.

Every now and then some things crop up that 'get my goat' and I wake up and have to take umbrage.


Today's this week's this rare rant is to do with drugs. Illegal drugs.

I read this on News Hub:

THERE ISN'T ENOUGH LIFE SAVING ANTI-OVERDOSE MEDICATION

This contained this warning: 


Warning there isn't enough lifesaving anti-overdose medication in New Zealand after another fentanyl hospitalisation.
The Drug Foundation says there still isn't enough lifesaving anti-overdose medication available in New Zealand. Credits: 
Another person has been hospitalised after overdosing on the deadly drug fentanyl.
It comes nearly a week after a dozen people overdosed in the Wairarapa and the Drug Foundation says they're all lucky to be alive.
The foundation claims there still isn't enough lifesaving antidote medication available in New Zealand for a spike in Fentanyl overdoses, but the Ministry of Health says there are no current supply issues.

OK, call me an uncaring bastard but frankly I don't give a shit, if some idiots who buy illegal drugs from very shifty people that are either accidentally contaminated or deliberately spiked with addictive shit like fentanyl, end up sick or dead from it. They choose to buy this crap from illegal sources so what the fuck do they expect?
Why should the health system be expected to divert valuable and necessary resources, in the middle of a pandemic to fools?

The report went on to say"

People are buying white powder for a good time but getting the opposite.
Thirteen people have been hospitalised for overdosing on fentanyl - the latest just on Friday.
Fentanyl is 50 times more lethal than heroin and has killed over 60,000 Americans. But so far - no one here.
"We are very lucky that that person has survived, in fact, all 13 cases have been very lucky to survive the overdose," said Drug Foundation executive director Sarah Helm.
Lucky - because they've been treated with an antidote called 'naloxone'.
"There's almost none of it in the country," Helm said. "Two of the barriers are around Medsafe and Pharmac with the naloxone access."
I'm getting pissed off with these bleeding-heart drug foundation people suggesting that it's the public's responsibility to supply expensive antidotes to idiots who are recreational users.
I do think differently if it is people with medical or psychiatric problems who get hold of opioids and overdose but I have no sympathy for those who overdose after "buying white powder for a good time".

The health system is charged with providing health care and medication to the public in need not to idiots who chose to abuse themselves and the system.

I'm sorry if his is offensive but it's the way I feel. I'm not going to go to a whinging recreational drug user who has got sick and say "That's alright - I love you." I'll leave that to Robert and the Christians.

4 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Ha ha . I was reading this thinking that for once I totally agree. Then there came the sting in the tail "I'm sorry if his is offensive but it's the way I feel. I'm not going to go to a whinging recreational drug user who has got sick and say "That's alright - I love you." I'll leave that to Robert and the Christians".

It reminds me of a Buddhist who was walking with a friend and saw a Scorpion caught in the bushes. The Buddhist walked to the scorpion and despite getting many stings (this scorpion was not lethal) eventually managed to free it. His friend asked him why he had gone to so much trouble to free a scorpion ...

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Thanks for that comment .... I think.
Look, I'll forgive its incompressibility because it's quite a long comment .... longer than most of your posts.
Well done that man.

Richard (of RBB) said...

A Christian was walking in the bush and he saw a scorpion caught in the bushes. He shook the bushes until the scorpion fell out and onto the ground. Then he stood on it because scorpions are insects of Satan.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

The 61 Hour (isn't that the title of a Lee Child novel?) rain event hardly happened but look on the bright side - you got a wonderful post. This post brought out Robert's inner Buddhist and Richard's ...... well, Richard commented.