Friday 8 July 2022

....I KINDA LIKE THE MUSIC

 

"Say the ladies are insane there.."

It still seems that things are on the go for The Old Girl to move to London for the next two years starting from the end of August.

While this will be a big change, we are used to it with her having done a two year stint in Toronto, almost a year in York and a year in Wellington. Time passes pretty quickly. With the Toronto trip I went over with her for the first year and then for the second year made some trips there and she made some trips back home. In York I went with her and we both stayed put. In Wellington I spent two weeks of each month there and 2 weeks at home for the year. This time, in London I will travel and spend a month and a half there, two months back home and then back to UK for a month and a half. I plan this to be 3 to 4 trips a year for the two years. Telecommunications are so good nowadays, and free so we talk each day on FaceTime, the audio visual channel.

In Toronto I wasn't working in the wine industry but did charity work for the Canada Heart Foundation. In York I was working 20 hours a week for a NZ wine company. Working part-time like that is never really part-time as I spent a lot more unpaid hours looking after the business. I won't do that again. It meant that the opportunity to explore the UK and to take other trips was limited. With Wellington my time was my own as I'm retired. This will be the case with London and UK this time.

I was asked the other day if I will contact any wine companies and offer to represent them and their brands while in the UK. I certainly have the contacts, the knowledge and ability but ..... I lack the will.


This time, if the trip goes ahead (depending on Covid, and the Russia/Nato situation at the end of August) I will be travelling as a free agent and, in my 6 week stays will be able to visit and explore many of the places in Uk and further afield that I haven't been to. The Old Girl, when having breaks and holidays, and I will also do some travelling - like to Spain. I've never been to Spain .... see: HERE



8 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Sounds pretty exciting to me, though not as much so as going to Nuova Lazio High School.

Richard (of RBB) said...

That second part WAS a joke.
Have fun!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

You're getting exciting mixed up with dangerous there Sparky.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Personally, I get enough excitement receiving Jesus in the Eucharist.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I'm not sure if that's what you are supposed to feel when receiving Jesus in the Eucharist. It sounds a bit 'pervy' actually.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

St Faustina was happy to have Jesus as her beloved bridegroom.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

St. Faustina was a frustrated woman who indulged in masturbatory fantasies about Jesus based on the fanciful Arianised images of Jesus that were used by the Catholic Church since Renaissance days.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Trust Robert to deviate (word chosen carefully) from the topic.