Sunday 24 July 2022

START ME UP*

 * "Don't make a grown man cry."

START ME UP - THE ROLLING STONES

The Old Girl and I played pool on Friday evening for the first time in about 6 months.


We normally play some music while playing a couple of games so I turned on the stereo system to get a CD going.


No luck. The CD changer just kept searching even though I moved the disc, turned the machine off and on again. Nothing.

Oh well, The Old Girl got her cellphone and found some music - Miles Davis Sketches of Spain - and tried to connect to the bluetooth speaker.


Nothing. Not a sausage.

I got another bluetooth speaker from another room.


Nothing. Not a peep.

Undaunted, I tried another speaker.


It refused to recognise the source so, nothing.

I tried another.


Nothing.

I then got out my iPad and went through the procedure again with all speakers trying to connect. Nothing.

I then started up YouTube on the iPad and we listened to the music -Miles Davis Sketches of Spain - which was OK but the speaker on the iPad is a bit 'tinny'. The broadband connection then began to fade a bit - I'd removed the WiFi booster from the snooker room a while ago to boost the TV reception in the rear lounge for The Old Girl to watch her crap action and romcom films and series.

It's enough to make you want to spit. All this bloody technology and little result.


I 'fired' up the old wind-up gramophone and we listened to some scratchy old records. The sound was a bit crap but at least the bloody thing worked.


Sheesh!

2 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

This can happen when a July Guys gig falls through. Mr. Music just gives up. You could always have played John Cage's 4'33".


https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=john+cage+4%2733+youtube&view=detail&mid=0563B309F332E5E025690563B309F332E5E02569&FORM=VIRE

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Yes, that'll come in useful when Lynn's working in the study (now her office). It'll save her having to call out -'can you turn that racket off". (not Brahm's Third Racket).