Tuesday 5 July 2022

HEADS UP


 I just got several loads of wood in and, if it gets colder will light one or maybe both wood burners today.

Its starting to rain now and we have a 61 hour rain alert for Northland with very heavy downfalls predicted. Oh joy!

I laid some strips of timber across the driveway where the gravel on the upper level  meets the concrete in the hope that a lot of gravel won't get washed down to the road as usually happens.

After tennis (not Dennis) this morning I got onto the roof to clear downpipes which was just as well as one was severely blocked.

That's the bad news.

The good news is that I might get the Curmudgeons Inc.ⓒ organised and get some posts written by the members. Robert no doubt will want to know what's cooking for dinner so - I'll take some chicken tenderloins out of the freezer, cut them in strips, marinate them in a ginger/soy mix and use them in a stir-fry with strips of capsicum, carrot, spring onion and zucchini and florets of cauliflower and broccoli. Yummy!

"Oooh - that sounds nice. If I wasn't mad as a snake I'd make that too."


1 comment:

Richard (of RBB) said...

"The good news is that I might get the Curmudgeons Inc.ⓒ organised and get some posts written by the members."

It's a good job you didn't do one of your normal typos and write, "...by their members."