Friday 23 August 2019

A DAY IN THE LIFE *

I drove into town to collect my bike from the bike repair shop this morning. It has had two new tubes and tyres fitted plus a new seat that will be more comfortable for my comfortable bum. It looks snazzy and the yellow writing on the new tyres are bound to make it go faster. I think I'll put a piece of cardboard in the spokes to make a cool motorbike noise. Yee ha!



On the way back I called in at the local shopping centre to pick up a few things. On returning to my car the remote opener didn't work. I'm used to this though and tried it at different heights and angles and jiggled the door handle a few times with no success. The remote opener might need a new battery as the bloody thing often does this, especially when it's raining.
I noticed an elderly couple standing on the footpath watching me and whispering to themselves. I then had a closer look at the car I was trying to open and saw that it was a Mazda. A silver one. Nice, in good condition and probably a couple of years old. All good so far but the only problem is I don't own a silver Mazda.



My car is a silver Toyota Corolla. Nice, in good condition and a couple of years old. It was parked a few cars down from the Mazda.



Boy did I feel silly particularly when I then tried to open my own car with the dodgy opener which took about five tries before it worked. I must have looked like a car thief.



Maybe I should stick to my bike.









* The Curmudgeon blog where interesting things are recorded without banging on about religion or music theory.

3 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

I once tried for ages to open a car that wasn't mine.





A comment from RBB - where we post interesting stuff.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Probably Shelley's.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

"I once tried for ages to open a car that wasn't mine."

Well it wouldn't have been Tony's 1948 Austin 8 as that didn't lock. I know - I sold it to him.