Wednesday 14 August 2019

LOOK OUT!



Last month I bought a one-off FanPass (SKY) to watch the cricket final. This wasn't without its hassles and I could only get it for my iPhone which isn't the ideal platform to watch a cricket game on. For one it's small and secondly it's a pain in the arse having to hold the damn thing for hours. It cost $15.99.

OK so far.

Today I received an email from PayPal telling me that they were processing a payment of $15.99 for a FanPass purchase.

What the fuck?

I contacted Sky who told me that

"These subscriptions are set to auto renew unless the customer cancels before the renewal date".

Bullshit!

No doubt this critical clause was buried in the terms and conditions or at least in small enough print that old geezers miss it.


BALLS!


I'm sick of this shit. Why should something as vital as this be the customer's responsibility to cancel out if they don't want the service? That's all 'arse about face' and contravenes good consumer practice.

I've been in contact with SKY and after requesting a refund eventually received notification from paypal that the amount is to be credited.


Remember:

HEY! LET'S BE CAREFUL OUT THERE