Wednesday 19 May 2021

GIVE IT AWAY NOW

 GIVE IT AWAY GIVE IT AWAY GIVE IT AWAY NOW

I like this music video - but that's my problem I guess.

Another problem is giving things away.

We don't sell things on Trade Me as it's too much hassle trying to deliver from where we live and besides, people just want things so cheap nowadays.

I used to donate items to charities and Free Stuff but more recently use Neighbourly on Facebook. I choose a site that's in our very local area and have found some very happy recipients for free items like computer monitors, an exercise bike,  an ornate mirror, a  Philips 42" and a Sony 23" television, golf clubs (but I won't give away my golf balls), framed paintings, books, DVDs, couches, table and chairs, a desk and lots of other items.  It's good to see these go to people who want and hopefully need them.

The other day The Old Girl had a Lladro figurine to give away. This is a very nice one that she gave to her mother years ago as a gift and, when her mother died in Scotland, brought it home. We've never had a spot for it in the house and Lladro is a bit ornate for our tastes so we gave it away. Before listing it on Neighbourly I sent out a note to fellow tennis club members asking for anyone who was interested or who was a collector. A few people declined  but at tennis yesterday, Rod said he would like it. He came around and collected it and was most pleased.

Last night though I saw an email that I'd missed from the wife of another member who said that she was a collector and would like it. The email was sent the night before I gave the figurine to Rod but I didn't see it or it was delayed (it happens sometimes). I replied with apologies that it had gone and now I hope that it doesn't cause any issues at tennis.


Oh well .....


1 comment:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Sounds like things could hot up up north. Maybe Rod could sell it to her?