Monday 24 May 2021

TRANSUBSTANTIATION?

 Well the storm has blown itself out overnight so today I've been weeding.


I started with my trusty EGO line trimmer and dealt to all of the larger weeds that have sprung up over the last month due to alternating rainy and warm weather. The trimmer ripped through these easily.

As it doesn't look like rain I got out the weedkiller and filled up the backpack.



This is a pretty good item that I've had for many years. Unfortunately, as I haven't used it for a while and it's been sitting in the basement, the top pressure valve wasn't set right and as I started to use it weedkiller mixture sprayed out over my back, saturating the overalls and the t-shirt I was wearing. I carried on for a while but than had a nasty thought. I'd made the mixture really strong  by a factor of about 10 times the recommended mixture. I'm using glyphosate which is the main ingredient in
Roundup and is very powerful.


 There is talk that this might be banned later this year so of course I went to Mitre 10 and bought some more. The recommended mix is 100:1.

I imagined some itching on my skin so stopped spraying, took off the overalls and went inside and had a shower - still wearing my t-shirt, shorts and underpants. After a good soaping and scrubbing I got out of the shower and tentatively looked in the mirror. I was imagining this:



But, unfortunately it was just the normal me looking back.


4 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

I didn't know you were normal. You were in 3P after all.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Hey, be careful old fella.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I did feel a bit short of breath and left the weeding for a while but then finished the job later. There are no after effects. There are no after effects. The holy spirit is part of the threesome that makes up god.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

I reluctantly used round up too yesterday. Kylie insisted on closing all his windows! There were no after effects. The sancte spiritus is part of the threesome that makes up god.