Friday 14 May 2021

LOOKIN' OUT MY BACK DOOR

 


CREDENCE CLEARWATER REVIVAL - LOOKIN' OUT MY BACK DOOR


A great song that - it takes me way back to school and university days.

When looking for a title picture I realised that I've never done a door series. Sorry about that. I used a view of the backdoor from the hallway that I had on file.

The backdoor has always led out to an open porch area with some crappy brickwork that flows out to the drive. This has always been an annoyance as when it's windy, leaves, dust and other debris get blown into the area making it very dirty and untidy and requiring sweeping every other day.

We finally decided to have the area covered in.

"I can do it" I said to The Old Girl. "I'll buy an old door at a salvage yard and knock up a surround. No problem!"

My offer was not so politely refused with her suggesting that we'd get a tradesman in. Our builder, who has done a few things around the house came up with a nice plan which was a bespoke aluminium door, louvre and top window set. Here are some pics showing the development.





.












It looks great and will keep things nice and tidy over winter.


Once again, sorry about not having done a series on doors.






2 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Yes! A series on doors at last!





😶😶😶😶

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

I liked the solid snare on the second beat, and you should be rightfully proud of the new pavement.