Thursday 27 May 2021

LIFE IS GOOD

 Man, today was one out of the gift bag.

After a few days of rainy and windy weather, today was anything but a winter's day. It has been, I guess, an Indian Summer day.

An Indian summer is a period of unseasonably warm, dry weather that sometimes occurs in autumn in temperate regions of the northern hemisphere during September to November. In an article on the US National Weather Service's website, weather historian William R. Deedler writes that Indian Summer can be defined as "any spell of warm, quiet, hazy weather that may occur in October or November." Several references describe a true Indian Summer as not occurring until after the first frost, or more specifically the first "killing" frost.

-Wikipedia.

Well, fuck those Americans. We get the same here and we don't have any Indians. Maybe we should call it a Maori Summer.

I played tennis this morning in ideal conditions. It was great.

After lunch I mowed the lawn and did some gardening things - loading up the trailer with stuff to go to the dump next week.

I then went to golf and played 8 holes - again in ideal conditions. As someone said  "It was great."
I played some good shots and found 11 golf balls. I'm conflicted in that I never know what is best - the minimal number of shots or the maximum amount of found golf balls. Anyway, today struck a good balance.

When I was down in a creek finding golf balls these guys came to check out what I was doing.

**WARNING**
Richard, look away now!


There were about 20 of them and they were as cute as hell. I'm glad that tonight we are eating a vegetarian meal - Lynn's chick pea and spinach recipe on noodles.

At home, after a nice long (and hot) shower The Old Girl and I enjoyed a pre-prandial drink (gin and tonic for her and vodka and tonic for me) and a couple of games of pool.

Life has certainly been good today.

7 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Yes what peace there is in a soul that has found union with Jesus.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

What a load of absolute shit Robert.
The natural world and my own peace of mind provided me with a nice day, not the unnatural connection with a mythical deity.
I feel sad that you are missing beauty around you and allowing a ridiculous religion to dominate your life.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Stop it, you two!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Life was good today as well with another 'Maori Summer' day.

I went for a long walk and spent a few hours in the garden. Marvellous.

No mythical deities appeared to claim reward for the good day and feelings.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Just as well as we would have to refer to you as St Peter; whoops that one is already taken.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Praise be to Robert Almighty!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Come Robert, fill the blogging community with incomprehensible rubbish and candle (sic) them with fire and sausages and chips. Let your spirit leak out and impregnate those who lie recumbent (blessed be the holy rohypnol). And thou shalt be remembered.