Saturday 22 May 2021

WHAT NEXT?

 There has been a lot of strange phenomena in recent times which stimulates conspiracy theorists, religious nutters and 'end of days' people no end.



I see that strange people are looking for the birth of red calves, re-reading Saint John's Book of Revelation and reporting on various Nostradamus-like predictions including the cult of Donald Trump, the spectre of swarms of locusts along with unusual floods, storms, earthquakes and volcanic eruptions.

Richard in his latest post said:


Now this is really apocalyptic. The Prowse brothers, to be clear, are amongst the world's slowest drivers and know next to nothing about cars and how they work. Robert for example doesn't know how to replace a flat tyre and believes that they only go flat on the bottom and Richard somehow has managed to put dents and scrapes on every possible panel on his car - including on the inside!



If you live in the Wellington area keep off the road - that's what I'm saying.

5 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Our father knew everything about cars and we all spent our youth holding spanners in the cold. That's why I became a musician- to get away from bloody cars.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Well said.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Yes, your dad was an engineer so I'm not surprised but - what happened to the sons eh?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Richard's comment reminds me of when my brother and I tinkered with old cars on weekends and sometimes late at night on weekdays. I remember having greasy, dirty hands and smelling of engine oil. In the winter, knocking knuckles on sharp metal edges was agony so, yes, I can appreciate not wanting to 'hold spanners in the cold'.

For years now I've put my cars in to be serviced.

Anonymous said...

Well said.