Monday 31 May 2021

TALLY HO!

 After weeks of waiting for a Trade Me listing and searching on-line we decided to 'bite the bullet' and buy a new excise bike as opposed to a second-hand one. I researched to find out the most suitable one for our requirements and, having been disappointed with a cheap one we bought a few years ago, decided to seek in the middle to top range.

I had seen the ideal one for sale from Active Fitness a month or so ago and when, after checking out alternatives, I went back to their website the sale had ended. The machine I wanted was now back at the standard price instead of the sale price. "Bugger" I thought but then sent an email to the Auckland store saying that I wanted to buy that particular model but only of I could have it at the previous sale price. They agreed and shipped it. I was happy as it saved us about $300.

It duly arrived - in a very large delivery van - in a big cardboard package shrink-wrapped on a wooden pallet. The package was bloody heavy but the delivery driver had a trolley so we soon had it inside in the small lounge at the end of the house. I unpacked it:


There were many parts to assemble but, unlike IKEA and my disastrous efforts - see HERE  (sorry that the images have disappeared) - there were very clear instructions included plus tools for every part of assembly. I'm impressed.

Here's the result.


The Old Girl and I will have to take turns using this unless we buy a second one and 'go for rides' together.



7 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

That'll mean less time for snarky comments on Robert's blog.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

No, I disagree.
If I'm fitter then I probably won't snooze in the afternoon so I will have extra time for making "snarky comments on Robert's blog".

Richard (of RBB) said...

Okay.

Richard (of RBB) said...

I admit that Hawkes Bay Chardonnay is better than Marlborough chardonnay. I'm resigning as king of the MCC.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

I'll overlook the unintentional misspelling by using "excise" but do we have to put up with mindless excessive verbosity. I quote one example of many... "It duly arrived - in a very large delivery van - in a big cardboard package shrink-wrapped on a wooden pallet"?

Richard (of RBB) said...

Gosh Rob, that was a very fine point to bring up!

Richard (of RBB) said...

Actually, I can't spot a fault. Can you explain?