Friday 21 May 2021

I CAN'T WAIT

 Remember when we were young and were so excited on Christmas Eve?

Well, there's a surprise coming my way that reminds me of those days.



No, it's not Santa who is going to give me a surprise (thank Robert's god).

The surprise is coming from Richard although, since he published it on his blog in a latest post, and he claims thousands of followers to his blog, it's no longer a surprise but, see: HERE

Apparently the old fella has got a bit confused at my saying that, if Marlborough's heat summation increases due to global warming, then good chardonnay might be a thing in the future. The key there though is IN THE FUTURE. I don't like Marlborough chardonnay right now.

Richard likes Marlborough chardonnay, I don't know why. Well, to be honest, I do know why. It's due to:

  • Marlborough chardonnay being cheaper than Hawkes Bay, Nelson, Waipara and Martinborough chardonnay.
  • Marlborough chardonnay often being on sale as sensible people won't buy it.
  • Richard would probably drink a chardonnay aged in old socks given the chance.

He likes it so much he's created a club - The Marlborough Chardonnay Club.


He's created clubs before for example The White Sport Coat and Pink Carnation Society was down to him (and I use the word 'down' advisedly). This 'club' was a bit of a failure and ended ignominiously, being officially and compulsorily disbanded by the Victoria University of Wellington's chancellor. It'll be interesting to see how well the Marlborough Chardonnay Club fares.

Richard has quite kindly produced a club badge since he knows that I like badges:

BADGES

I guess I'll have to give this pride of place in display even though I doubt I will be wearing it in the near future or not until Marlborough starts to make decent chardonnay. It will go straight to the pool room.

STRAIGHT TO THE POOL ROOM


4 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Welcome to the club old Mr Grumpy.

Jennifer K Robert said...

Hi everyone, I saw comments from people who had already got their loan from Anderson Loan Finance. Honestly, I thought it was a scam, and then I decided to make a request based on their recommendations. A few days ago, I confirmed in my personal bank account amounting to $15,000 dollars which I applied for. This is really a good news and I am so very happy that I advise all those who need a real loan and who are sure to reimburse to apply through their email (text or call) +1 719 629 0982. There are sincere loan lenders! They are capable to lend you a loan. Contact Mr Anderson E-mail: andersonraymondloanfinance@gmail.com

Phone: +1 719 629 0982


E-mail: andersonraymondloanfinance@gmail.com

Office address is (68 Fremont Ave Penrose CO, 812400).

Richard (of RBB) said...

I hope Jennifer K Robert doesn't stand for 'Jennifer Knows Robert'.
In any case, she can't join the Marlborough Chardonnay Club.
Fancy being so pleased about getting a loan that you comment about it on random blogs.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Thanks Jennifer. I'm pleased that you are in the club - oops, when I say "in the club" I don't mean 'in the club' as it were - it's nice having someone else rather than just that guy in the funny hat.