Thursday 21 April 2022

COOLING THINGS DOWN A BIT

 Well it seems that Robert is getting way too excited over my new church The Church of the Blessed Curmudgeon.


It reminds me of those silly little 4P classmates who wanted the Communion hosts to put into their sandwiches. Robert, I think would like to start up his own church or religion so is getting vicarious pleasure by interfering in advising on mine.

It's time to cool things down a bit so I'll park THE CHURCH OF THE BLESSED CURMUDGEON  for a while and update you on what we did this Easter. What better way to do this than write a post in Robert's style.


Geoff came to stay from Friday through Wednesday which provided good company along with my sister and her tribe who came to play snooker on Sunday.

Geoff had sent up by courier a 6 pack of Te Mata wines (I'm sure that The Wine Guy will write about these) plus he brought another few bottles with him. We didn't get through all of the wines and have a bottle each of Coleraine and Awatea to drink sometime in the future.






We also managed to knock off two bottles of Champagne, a bottle of Deutz Rose and another German riesling. We did well.

In addition to bouts of drinking we went for walks around the area including Ocean Beach ....


.

.
The newly installed rescue buoy at the beach. Let's hope that no idiots steal or damage it.


 ....... and showed Geoff the natural jetty at Taurakura Bay.


My great nephew gave me a painted Easer egg.


On Wednesday we visited at the outstanding Hundertwasser Art Centre and had lunch there.

View from the top across the Town Basin with rainbow.

Dinners were:

  • Salmon and goat cheese flan and salad
  • Lemon Chicken Piccata with hasselback potatoes
  • Duck risotto
  • Hamburgers
  • Fish and chips


How was your Easter?

3 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

No painted Easter eggs for me but I think I'll survive.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Thanks Gloria.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

I chuckled at the way you copied my style.
Yes I was sucked in to taking you seriously. C.S.Lewis advises in "Mere Christianity" to avoid atheists who have no firm stance and just waste time. Also he talks of a "Boys approach to religion", meaning people who have a childish view of God.