Sunday 10 April 2022

LOOK OUT, HERE COMES TOMORROW

 LOOK OUT HERE COMES TOMORROW - THE MONKEES



I thought of the song when I decided to write this post. I still like it (written by Neil Diamond) and The Monkees did a nice version of it. Little Davey Jones looks so, well, little and young in the video.

The song had a bot of resonance for me in college in the late 1960s because I, stupidly, thought I could 'play the field'. See: KISS ME, HARDLY

Anyway, the post, this one and the one that this one advertises that might be  published tomorrow (on the Religious Curmudgeon's blog) will be about Robert and his religion.

I know, I know, I've often said that I'm not going to write about this for a couple of reasons - one, it's Robert's choice what he believes in and two, it's so bloody annoying and aggravating that I find it hard to be civil when approaching the subject.

So, why now?

Have you noticed how Robert, in his blog posts is becoming more rabid in his promulgation of ....... oh, sorry, of course you haven't because hardly anyone reads his blog posts, well, just Richard and me. Anyway, in his latest posts Robert is:

  • using quotations from dead and disturbed catholic apologists
  • using quotations from dead catholic 'saints'
  • disparaging other religions (even the christian ones)
  • threatening everyone except his immediate family with eternal torment
  • indulging in fantasies concerning the consumption of human flesh
....... and more!

I think it's time for a considered response to this which will be along the lines of:
  • religion is cultural and tribal and just depends on when, where and who you were born by. There is no such thing as good religion or bad religion.
  • There is really no such thing as religion anyway as there is no god or gods so it has no substance.
  • Saints, angels, devils are just a creation of christianity. Fun, but like fireworks dangerous in the wrong hands.
  • Christianity, including Catholicism was really invented in the 4th century by Emperor Constantine and his political advisors regardless of whatever the resultant Catholic Church of Rome said.
Well, that's the gist or, for aficionados of that excellent film The Castle. the vibe.

Look out .... etc.



.

4 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

"a bot of resonance..." What does that mean?

Richard (of RBB) said...

I'm sure that Robert will have a lot to say about this post.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

"a bot of resonance..."

It's modern jive talk daddy-o.
I guess you're not with it.
Up here we're dope.

Richard (of RBB) said...

"Up here we're dope." What? Are you all low on Cleanskin wine?