Thursday 21 April 2022

NEW THINGS

 I've had a few new things delivered this week which is cheering given the atrocious weather that's been battering us.

First up the replacement Mac-book Air arrived on Tuesday. You might remember that my previous Mac-book Air went phhtt recently. In case you don't remember here's a link to the post that I wrote on it: HERE

It was a 2013 model and the internet told me that these things can only be expected to last 8 years so I guess that was bang on, or should I say 'phhtt on'. I bought another one, a reconditioned one from the Apple store. It's a 2021 model so hopefully will see me out.

I've been setting this 'new' one up with all of the Apps I need for the very important blogging and am good to go. It's a nifty little machine with a few more 'bells and whistles' than the old one so, who knows, the blog posts might be (even) snappier. While these Mac-books are great the best thing about them is portability for when we travel. I prefer using the desk-top Mac which is in the study. Over the Easter break, The Old Girl hasn't been working and won't be until next week so I've been able to use the bigger Mac. Luxury.


The next thing I bought on-line is replacement ear muffs for the headphones I use on the desk-top Mac. These are PS ones came free when I bought the PlayStation 4 on Trade Me (which I promptly sold again on Trade Me). The pads were worn so I've replaced them.

Cool, eh?

The third on-line purchase came today. This is a pair of prescription lens swimming goggles. I just ticked the box for maximum magnification and when I tried these on I'm amazed at how clear my vision is. They are actually better than the damned expensive prescription spectacles I have to wear and cost about a tenth of the price. I might just go about wearing these. What do you think?



5 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

I like the new glasses. However the post was up to your usual standard.
2/5

Richard (of RBB) said...

Come on! I was joking!
3/10

THE CURMUDGEON said...

For the post or the glasses?

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

I'm curious why you need prescription swimming goggles. In Wellington harbour I can only see a metre or two through the detritus. Is the water that much clearer at the heads?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

No - the water is not clear through my head.

Robert, I have very poor vision which requires prescription lenses whether looking through air or water.

The water up here is usually crystal clear except for a couple of days after heavy rain when the run-off from the hills muddies it a bit.