Monday 11 April 2022

HERE IS TOMORROW

 Yes, I know that I promised that The Religious Curmudgeon would publish a detailed investigation of Robert and his religion today but, well, other things happened.

I've been having trouble with the lap top I've started working on since my Apple Macbook Air went " Pffft" and stopped working.  You know this because I wrote about it: HERE

The lap top is the 'G' (I can't see any other branding on it other than the software decals) that belonged to The Old Girl's mother and must be about 10 years old. It keeps telling me:

  • Google Chrome is unsupported
  • Security protection is unsupported
  • Microsoft software is out of date .....
...... and it won't recognise any keyboard that I attach. Bummer.

I resorted to using my old HP laptop which I bought in 2011. Lucky for you I mentioned that in a post at the time: HERE

This, like The Old Girl's mother's laptop keeps telling me:

  • Google Chrome is unsupported
  • Security protection is unsupported
  • Microsoft software is out of date .....
At least it recognises the keyboard I plug in but it is very frustrating and I'm not keen on doing any financial stuff or anything requiring secure passwords since I cannot upgrade the security protection. Bummer.

In frustration I went on-line and searched for new Apple Macbooks on sale in NZ. They are all expensive. I then looked at used models and saw some much cheaper ones but these were 2015 models though - now 7 years old. In my research on how to fix my old Apple Macbook I discovered that these things only have a shelf life of about 8 years (the one that went " Pffft" was a 2014 model) so I avoided anything older that 2 years. I found, on the Apple official store, a refurbished 2020 model for a lot less than the new ones and so, 'bit the bullet' and bought it. 

Refurbished 13.3-inch MacBook Air 1.1GHz dual-core Intel Core i3 with Retina Display and True Tone technology - Silver

 

Back in business soon!


2 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

"Back in business soon!"

No rush.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Delivery Thursday week. Bummer.