Wednesday 27 April 2022

INTERVIEW #4

 You will have noticed that Robert has too much time on his hands today and, instead of writing posts on his own blog, has been leaving confusing and illogical comments on other people's blogs.

I've written a couple of religious oriented (or the opposite) posts about Robert's religion but don't want to do any more at present so thought that a distraction is required. Fortunately I have the transcript of an interview for you.




INTERVIEW FOUR - MRS O'SULLIVAN

The Curmudgeon: Hello Mrs O'Sullivan and welcome to The Curmudgeon's Interview page where ....

Mrs O'Sullivan: Thanks TC and you can call me Madge.

The Curmudgeon: Oh, OK, er Madge. Now as you know this page is dedicated to significant characters in this blogging world who have not been given much of a chance to put their own stories forward. As you have featured strongly in Robert's history it seems appropriate for you to be one of our earliest interviewees.

Mrs O'Sullivan: Gosh, thanks TC. I do like your blogs you know and do forgive you for getting my name wrong sometimes.

The Curmudgeon: Your name wrong?

Mrs O'Sullivan: Yes, sometimes you refer to me as Mrs O'Connor. 

The Curmudgeon: Oh, damn, sorry about that.

Mrs O'Sullivan: No worries Robert knows who you mean.

The Curmudgeon: Right. Back in 2018 Robert admitted to have been watching you through a window. We've got a record of that somewhere .... just a mo' ...... ah, here it is:

Mrs O'Sullivan: Ha ha. I knew he was there you know.

The Curmudgeon: What! You knew?

Mrs O'Sullivan: Of course I knew. Those Prowse boys all thought they were clever but my daughters and I could see right through them.

The Curmudgeon: Like that window?

Mrs O'Sullivan: Now, don't be naughty ..... yes, my daughters said that they were always trying to get a peek at their knickers. That second oldest one used to ..... no, best not.

The Curmudgeon: Oh come on Madge.

Mrs O'Sullivan: OK, the oldest one ... now, listen to this he used to .......

The Curmudgeon: I'd better stop you there Madge otherwise we might get a law suit on our hands. Look what he threatened Richard with.

Mrs O'Sullivan: Yes, I read that. We'll stick with Robert then seeing that he's on record of admitting that he peeked through my window.

The Curmudgeon: So, you say that you knew then, Why didn't you say something at the time?

Mrs O'Sullivan: Well, and this is a teensy bit embarrassing TC, but I liked it.

The Curmudgeon: You liked it!

Mrs O'Sullivan: Yes, it gave me a wee thrill you see. I'd noticed him hanging about. At first I thought he was trying to get a peek of the daughter's - you-know-what's, like his brother used to but then I noticed that he was in the bushes even when they were out.

The Curmudgeon: Mmm, tell me more.

Mrs O'Sullivan: Well this one day I heard rustling, I hope it was just the bushes, and so I quickly did a strip and walked from room to room - lingering you know.

The Curmudgeon: Ooooh, I do know, I do know.....

Mrs O'Sullivan: Are you all right TC?

The Curmudgeon: Yep, carry on Madge.

Mrs O'Sullivan: Well I walked about a bit, pretended to drop things and pick them up and then picked up a feather duster and you know, flicked it around.

The Curmudgeon: And what happened?

Mrs O'Sullivan: I don't know exactly. I heard some moaning from the bushes, a gasp and then scurrying sounds. I then heard my daughters arriving home and so had to quickly get dressed and act normal.

The Curmudgeon: Ha ha. That's great Madge. That's all we've got time for but we've got the makings for a good interview here.

Mrs O'Sullivan: What happened to Robert by the way?

The Curmudgeon: Oh, he went all religious.

Mrs O'Sullivan: Oh dear. I am sorry.


9 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Her name was Peggy, not Madge.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Mmm, first name terms?

Unknown said...

Then there was the time Richard cut down one of Mrs Fraser's sunflowers with a pocket knife...

Richard (of RBB) said...

Actually, that was the older boy who we're not allowed to mention.


Pauline (older daughter) famously said, "You cut down the sunflower and you can't say you didn't!"

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Boy those Prowse brothers dob each other in quicker than informers in a prison.

Richard (of RBB) said...

You mention me again TC and I'm taking you to the Computer Tribunal.
Oops, I'm sounding a bit like another brother. Sorry.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I hope the older brother doesn't sue poor old Pauline.

George Washington would have owned up to it.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

I remember the older brother telling me off for shooting a sparrow with an air rifle. Maybe older brothers instinctively have a higher moral code.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Like cutting down sunflowers and letting others get the blame you mean.