Monday 25 April 2022

DON'T STAND SO CLOSE TO ME

 


Richard, channeling his late mother, would call me a COVID crank no doubt, but I'm not taking this OMICRON scourge lightly as many others are doing. It's not just another 'flu and we still don't know the long-term effects of the virus. I don't want to get it and certainly not the looming new strain - the XE variant which is said to be more virulent.

We take care where we go, always wear masks and don't and won't travel anywhere unless it's absolutely necessary. We will not go to gatherings of people we don't know. I even wear my mask at tennis (not while playing but while sitting down waiting for a game).

I'm not attending any ANZAC Day commemoration services today which, for me is a rarity. I've only missed a very few in my lifetime including last year when there were no public services.

This morning, as I was putting out the recycle bins and rubbish bag, Rod stopped to chat. He was off on his daily walk (puts me to shame as he's older). Rod is a 'close talker' and even when you slowly move away from him he continues to close in. This is annoying at any time but, in a pandemic is downright unnecessary. *


DON'T STAND SO CLOSE TO ME - THE POLICE


It's hard to decide what to do in these situations (not schoolgirl's coming on to me, as, oddly, that doesn't happen) - I mean the 'close talker'. You don't want to offend them and you know that if you mention it you will. I know that Rod is doubly vaccinated and has had the booster and that he and his wife never go to public gatherings but still .........


* I've written of this before. See: SPACE INVADERS

4 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Marie at my work is like that. She has had covid and thinks it's safe to sit in close encounters. I personally think that Jesus will be pleased if we treat others as we want them to treat us.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I don't think Jesus gives us a fuck really.After all he knows nothing about this since he died a couple of millennia ago.

Richard (of RBB) said...

If you've written of this before, we probably got the idea the first time.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Says the guy who keeps writing about Paganini's fingerings.