Tuesday 4 April 2023

"THE SATELLITES ARE OUT TONIGHT"


 

I met this guy – and he looked like might have been
A hat check clerk at an ice rink
Which, in fact, he turned out to be. And I said:
"Oh boy. Right again"

Let X = X
You know, it could be you
It's a sky-blue sky
The satellites are out tonight
Let X = X

"The satellites are out tonight" - except they weren't - not on my patch anyway.

I saw on a local Neighbourly site this post:


The timing coincided nicely with:
  • A clear sky but with an outstandingly bright full moon.
  • My pizza being ready to take out of the oven.
I took the pizza outside to the now dark deck* (other than moonlight) and a glass of wine and watched the sky for the satellite train.

Nothing (that I could see).

I did see one lonely satellite making its way from south to north - probably Chinese and checking up on my blog.

Oh well, never mind, the stars were nice and the moon, as I mentioned was a treat to see.






* The Old Girl came home from Sydney last night which kiboshed any thought I had of climbing up on the roof.

9 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

A post about something that never happened. I guess that's in line with the one about the tradesmen not turning up.
Maybe your next post could be about how your bagpipes practice is going?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

May your chooks turn into emus and kick your dunny down.

Richard (of RBB) said...

A bit Australian matey!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

"A post about something that never happened".

Check out Robert's post which no doubt will be about things never seen like his god, angels and miracles.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Atoms have never been seen.
The edge of the universe too.
The start also.
Music is not seen.
We can see a very little part of the visible spectrum.
A tiny part.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Pain is not seen,
Nor dreams (in reality).
Cat burglars excel in this,
Even with modern technology.
Things unseen are great in number,
But, re gods, don't make me wonder.

Richard (of RBB) said...

No new post for a while.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Back out of the office then and pretending to be really interested in kitchen restoration?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Yes - rumbled.