Saturday 1 April 2023

OH No. OH No ...

 .... Oh no, no, no, no.

Getting into trouble.

I've mentioned that The Old Girl is away - in Australia and that we talk on FaceTime every day.

Today we had a conversation this morning and, it being Saturday and as she's staying this weekend with friend Jenny in Newcastle (north of Sydney) I thought she'd be going out. Not so. They are staying in this evening.

I did all my usual things on a Saturday which to me keeps me busy but to unkind souls looks to be bugger-all and late in the afternoon started preparing my dinner. Roast potatoes, cauliflower and broccoli cheese bake, eye-fillet beef schnitzel. Yummy. While preparing before cooking I opened a bottle of Central Otago pinot noir. Yummy. As the meal was cooking, being a bit tired of the pinot noir I opened a McDonald's Hawkes Bay chardonnay. Yummy. During the preparation, cooking and eating stage I must have consumed two glasses of each of the wines which is pretty near a full bottle worth. Yummy. I watched some TV (Dad's Army) and must have dozed off because I heard in my sleep two pings - one from my iPad and one from the laptop announcing a FaceTime call. I couldn't remember where I'd put the iPad (it was in the no-go area of the study) and, when going to the laptop in the lounge heard my cellphone ringing. Oh no!

At this stage I should mention that yesterday I reset my phone's ringtone to music which is something I've never done before. As I hardly ever use the phone and dislike people calling me on it I chose this:


I tracked down the phone which was underneath some books, established that it was The Old Girl and called her back on FaceTime using the iPad. I had to admit that I'd been asleep after drinking a bit more wine than usual. Having established that she'd rather have me a bit pissed than dead on the floor we had a nice chat. I'll watch the last couple of episodes of Sopranos before toddling off the bed.

Ho'w your Saturday been going?

 


1 comment:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Glad you had a nice afternoon. We both listened to your ring tone. Sue said "Oh no, no, no, no".