Saturday 29 April 2023

"SURE".

 I just know that some pedantic old bloke will suggest that this post is a copy of one that's gone before so I'll post the link here to make him feel pleased with himself:  KISMET

Yesterday while driving I listened to a RNZ story about spooky coincidences. This is a regular feature apparently and they are asking for stories from listeners.

FREAKY FRIDAY

Well, as no doubt you avoided clicking on the 'Kismet' link I obligingly supplied above I'll remind you of my 'freaky' coincidence.

Back in 2009 when we bought the picture framing business in Point Chevalier (a couple of streets away from where we lived at 68 St Michael's Avenue) I was browsing through the framing books that previous owners of the business had left. I discovered one with the owner's name and address in the front pages. This person wasn't the one we purchased the business from but had owned the business about 20 years earlier. The address in the book was 68 St Michael's Avenue Point Chevalier.

This is an incredible coincidence, that a previous owner of our business, who we had never met, had also once owned the house we purchased in 2005.

I wonder if I should send this to RNZ.







6 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

I think this adds support to the belief in the resurrection of Jesus.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Sure!

Richard (of RBB) said...

Robert has got you there!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Are you sure?

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Reasonable evidence works in a court!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Yes, as long as the evidence is reasonable.
Hey! By coincidence (not spooky) I wrote a new post that includes some interesting discussion on your god's existence. Or not.