Monday 3 April 2023

WAITING

 No, not  for a train this time. I'm still waiting for the bloody drain layer to turn up to do my drainage.

I first contacted him before Christmas and it wasn't until late January that he turned up to look at the job and to quote.



31 January



I immediately accepted the quote on 31 January and it took nearly a monthy, after I'd chased him up again to get this promise:


27 February


After the cyclones we've been having some great weather, ideal for ... drain laying.

I had been concerned that, due to Murphy's Law, the other contractor who I'd been waiting on, the builder, would turn up at the same time as the drain layer which wouldn't suit. The builder put up scaffolding last year to do some window work and the scaffolding had been up ever since. Promises of coming around to remove it were interrupted by Christmas, holidays, his wife's illness, further holidays (his not mine) and cyclones. Eventually after more than 4 months he came around on  Friday and I helped him to dismantle it.



Job now done.


No I'm still waiting for the drain layer.


I bet I know when he'll turn up ...





3 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Slack bastards!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Most tradespeople are 'on Island time' up here.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I found out the Google Blogger comments issue.
I'be been complaining (that's unlike me) that my comments on Robert's blog are being deleted.
I received an alert on my iPad this afternoon that Richard had placed a new comment on my latest post (this happens automatically due to the way I have set up the blogs).
I wanted to reply to the comment so went to the blog but there was no comment.
I went to the blog settings and, under the comments section where all comments are stored there was his comment with a 'spam' notice on it. I had to click the option 'not spam' for it to publish.
I bet that if Robert was to do the same he'd find many comments that haven't been published.