Monday 5 June 2023

KING'S BIRTHDAY

Happy birthday Chuck.

I had a quick glance through the King's Birthday honours list this morning and, as per usual I didn't see my name on it. It's ridiculous I know but I always feel a little disappointed - kind of like when reading the Lotto results regardless of whether I've bought a ticket or not.

In a small way though I do think that the outstanding success of the new SUNDAY QUIZ feature on my blog might have earned a 'for services to blogging' commendation. Sadly no. Oh well, never mind.

The SUNDAY QUIZ, given that it's new has generated a lot of interest. Admittedly it's not as popular as THE CHASE or TIPPING POINT but, early days eh.

I read Robert's blog yesterday and provided what I think is an inspirational comment for him. I hope that he appreciated it.

Robert wrote -  "Mary, the mother of God is blessed to have beatific visions.
Here is a rare photo of her not wearing a veil what (sic) I took this morning." - and accompanied it with the photograph as seen to the left.

Now he didn't say where he saw Mary - in his garden, at church, down at the shops - he wasn't specific but what did come through was that he believes that she (the statue) is real and quite lucidly (for him) wrote about Mary's different forms, images and their meanings before he drifted off into the realms of fantasy again.




Robert's mention of Mary - the Virgin Mary - is quite serendipitous as - remember that you heard it here first - I'm hoping to have Mary as our next interviewee in The Curmudgeons Interview series. I'm just ironing out a few wrinkles as she should do herself with that crinkly robe she wears. Sheesh! It's like Nora Batty's stockings!

Stay posted.

2 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Okay, I'm posted.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I hope that you put a 'return to sender' address on your back. At your age you don't want to take any chances.