Wednesday 28 June 2023

JIGGETY - JIG

 Home again.

I arrived back from Christchurch this afternoon. It was a good visit but It's good to be home. The Old Girl has another month there and will be pleased to get home at the end of July.  Next month we will spend a long weekend (4 days) in Greymouth and Franz-Josef, travelling on the Alpine Express. I'm looking forward to that. I like train journeys - I may have mentioned this once or twice in the past.


I note that not much posting has gone on in the blogs (other than my own) while I've been away although Robert excelled himself with two relatively long posts that included images.  Richard still has trouble posting comments on Robert's blog and has to do so anonymously which may not be a bad thing. I wish though that he'd upgrade his communication tools from that obvious steam-driven machine he uses.


Oh well, we'll wait and see.

5 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

I wonder how much is left of the poor old Franz-joseph glacier.
If you enjoy long train journeys with endless hours of tedium, you may want to save my latest post to muse and ponder!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I perused it and wondered.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I guess that people who lack a soul could see a trip through New Zealand’s magnificent alps in winter as being “endless hours of tedium”.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Good to see you boys having fun!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

That must be a standard comment you have preloaded in your phone.