Thursday 15 June 2023

TOASTED

 Another lovely day dawned - cool yes at 8 degrees but sunny and windless.


I dressed warm with 3 layers including a merino shirt. Robert, I was unable to take a heat pump with me.

Whilst it was sunny and I was moving around a bit, it was still cold and I only took my vest off halfway through.

I'm lucky with this tennis club being so close to home - about a 5 minute drive and the fact that it is convivial and no-one takes things too seriously. I really enjoyed the 2 and a half hours but munted my elbow somehow (add it to the list of injuries).









This filler post was brought to you by The Curmudgeon's Inc.ⓒ and Lucky Strike.




3 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

What a great post!

But, hey, what happened to Mike who was thrashing you at tennis? Did he turn professional?

I don't know if you should take up smoking at your age.

Better to stick with the Cleanskins.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Thanks - it was pretty good for a filler.
Mike never thrashed me - I'm a better player than him and anyway, he hasn't been at tennis for months.
Those old cigarette ads told us how healthy , sexy, fun and sophisticated smoking was. Were they lying?
I prefer my wine with labels on the bottles. As I usually have two or three opened bottles in the fridge (to last over the week) it's handy to know what's in the bottle.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

The photo reminds me of one of those contests where you guess where the ball is.