Sunday 23 July 2023

DESPERATELY SEEKING ROBERT * - FOR ADVICE

 * Sorry about the reference to that dire 1985 Madonna film.



The Old Girl's coming home at the end of the week after having been in Christchurch for 3 months. This means that I have to do a bit of a spring clean of the house (3 months worth really) before she gets back.

Today I concentrated on dusting and vacuuming, cleaning all surfaces and getting rid of cobwebs. I have an extendable feather duster that can reach to the corners of the ceilings (14ft). I have continual problems with vacuuming though.

Our current vacuum cleaner is a Phillips Power Pro 1900

Phillips seem to be proud of this machine. See what they say about it here:


Wow!

370W of high suction power for thorough cleaning results. I wonder what happened to the other 1530 watts? Maybe they were all used up making the machine look good.

Now, to be fair, this machine is better than all of the other crap we've bought over the years which end up being donated to Free Stuff or Op shops but it can hardly be accused of high suction power.

I don't want a complicated and expensive commercial machine ... 


... but I do want one that lives up to its advertising promises.

Why is it, that in the age of AI robots, space travel and massive technological advancements, simple basic things like household accessories are still no better than the things previous generations used?



Hopefully Robert can suggest a brand/model.

3 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Grate post!

Richard (of RBB)

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Just empty the bloody thing and clean the filters.
Zeus!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Well, I guess asking a Catholic for advice is like asking an earthworm what the weather's like.
I think I'll buy a broom.