Saturday 22 July 2023

TRANSALPINE TRIP #6

 I'm sorry to say that this is the final episode in this series.

You will remember that I left you with me in the bath after the glacier walks.

The next day we drove back to Greymouth. We had intended to do the treetop walk and also to have a stroll around Greymouth but it was raining and my hip was giving me gyp. It' s still not right so I must have munted it on the walks. I can't believe that arthritic hip problems come on so suddenly but I'll have to get a doctor's advice on that. Robert has suggested hip replacement but at this stage I'm loth to do this for a few good reasons. I'll take a course of Gabapentin nerve medication to see if it relieves it first.

We boarded the train to Christchurch in the early afternoon on Monday and once again had a thoroughly satisfying trip through the alps. 

On the way I spied The Old Girl's handbag looking at me so I took a photograph.


I told her that it was giving me funny looks to which she gave me a funny look.

Have a look at this closeup to see what I mean:




It reminds me of some sort of TV cartoon dog or other critter and is very disturbing. I searched for the character it reminded me of with no success other than these:





They aren't what I think I'm looking for though. Can anyone help me out here? Not The Old Girl. She told me that I'm nuts.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd like to be left in a bath with you TC.

- An admirer.

Richard (of RBB) said...

I'd rather be in the bath with that scary handbag.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

It made me chuckle.
The grand title suggested an informative conclusion to the series on the rail journey across the South Island.
In amongst a concluphiny of seporterish non invinity (I made up those words but you get the idea) we finally have the last leg summed up in half a sentence.

"...then we boarded the train and had a thoroughly satisfying trip through the alps".

That was it. Zeus!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Yep, that was it.
I like those new words you invented.