Tuesday 9 April 2024

NEVILLE OF WAINUIOMATA

I've probably got the worst lawn in our street but, because the front of the property is a steep slope covered in flax, native shrubs and, I must admit some weeds, and the bit of lawn that separated that and the deck at the front of the house I paved over a couple of years ago, no-one can really see it.

It's at the back of the property and goes pretty much unnoticed although army worms are currently taking an interest and chewing it up. I normally only pay attention when The Old Girl complains that she can't get to the washing line...


... so I try and keep it looking like this:




I was surprised when Richard recently commented on his lawn ...

 WHAT OLD RETIRED SCHOOLTEACHERS DO

... although I shouldn't have been as I guess pedantry is closely related to pedagogy.

If he treats his weeds and grass like he approaches grammatical errors of fellow bloggers then I suspect he's a bit of a Neville.


NEVILLE'S LAWN

11 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

You're becoming a bit of a lawn crank!

Richard (of RBB) said...

This qualifies as a post.

Richard (of RBB) said...

I have a friend in Palmerston North who has quite a nice lawn.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Who has the neatest lawn in your neighbourhood?




Don't worry. I don't really care.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Lawns might be a bit boring, but not when put next to Robert's latest posts.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Have you ever thought of entering a seminary?

Richard (of RBB) said...

I just hate to see those Latin classes in 3P (1966) going to waste.

Richard (of RBB) said...

10!

Richard (of RBB) said...

Now you're a real blogger!
(11)

Richard (of RBB) said...

Oops! 11 now.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

"Lawns might be a bit boring, but not when put next to Robert's latest posts."

THE RELIGIOUS CURMUDGEON MIGHT HAVE JUST RECLAIMED THE MOST BORING POST AWARD FROM ROBERT.