Wednesday 17 April 2024

TAKING A LEAF OUT OF ROBERT'S BOOK ....

 ... well, not lingering in teenage girl's bedrooms obviously (although I notice that he's taken down that particular post), but I have been doing a lot of cleaning and rubbish removal over the last couple of days.

I took another trailer load of rubbish to the tip yesterday which has been a (trailer) load off my mind. This has freed up a lot of space in the shed which will please The Old Girl who takes too much interest in MY shed. Maybe I've done the wrong thing and she'll now appropriate some of the space.




I also cleaned out the bathroom cupboards and the laundry ones which are now much tidier than before. I should have taken 'before' photos to show you...




.. although the third shelf down in the top photo is untouched. "Don't mess around with my stuff Matey!" she said when I was talking on FaceTime to her this morning and told her of my plans.

I'm happy with the result though. In the laundry cupboard I've got some tools and practical household essentials 'on hand' so as not to have to go down to the basement where the bulk of the tools are stored. I tend to get this into a mess though so this time made an effort and got rid of non-essentials.

The more observant reader will notice that no glove puppets were involved in the making of this post not like that deranged fellow down south.

I must admit however to owning one puppet - a 'puppet on a spring' (you can imagine the song referenced) but it keeps to itself in a corner of the snooker room.





5 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

"...well, not lingering in teenage girl's bedrooms.."

girls'

Gosh, it does make you think about what cleaners, and the like, get up to!

Why don't these people clean their own house?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

There used to be a TV3 weekly programme named TARGET that used to spy on cleaners and tradies with hidden cameras.

I wrote a post on it years ago.
Here's the link:

https://grumpyoldmanreturnsnz.blogspot.com/2010/07/blah-blah-blah.html

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I thought I'd write a mundane post today (sorry The Mundane Curmudgeon but if you show lack of interest and behave like a stick-in-the-mud then someone else has to step up) to give the other bloggers a chance to put something forward but ...

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

That shed is the same as mine! Except I have lots of important tools and other manly stuff.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

You should see my important tools and manly stuff - fwoorh! It makes Richard's tool shed look like a nancy boy's make-up bag.

My 'manly' tools are in the basement under the house.