Saturday 20 April 2024

A SATURDAY UPDATE - FUNNY!

 I don't know what the weather is like where you (readers) are but up here it's raining. It's been raining all night. I know this because I was awake most of the night.

I went to bed about 11PM and might have dozed for a while but by 1AM (no, not a reference to Colin McCahon - you can find him on the Cultured Curmudgeon or the Religious Curmudgeon blog) I was fully awake. This wasn't a good thing as I had chills and slight fever alternating between being too hot or too cold and putting on or removing the duvet cover and extra blanket I put on the bed.

Yesterday I had a double vaccination - Flu and Covid and I must be suffering from some side effects. Doctor Google tells me that this is not unusual, particularly with the Flu shot and the symptoms I'm experiencing are within normal parameters. I'm dining with my GP sister tonight so will check it out with her.

I read and surfed the internet throughout the night which led me to Robert's blog. He posted, quite early sometime after 3AM, a christian nonsense post about all or nearly all of the disciples abandoning Jesus because of one of his latest teachings.
I'm not sure because Robert deleted the post a couple of hours later (I'll explain later) but I think his post was all about John's Gospel 6:60-69 which must be this weekends propaganda message.

Gospel, John 6:60-69

60 After hearing it, many of his followers said, 'This is intolerable language. How could anyone accept it?'

61 Jesus was aware that his followers were complaining about it and said, 'Does this disturb you?

62 What if you should see the Son of man ascend to where he was before?

63 'It is the spirit that gives life, the flesh has nothing to offer. The words I have spoken to you are spirit and they are life.

64 'But there are some of you who do not believe.' For Jesus knew from the outset who did not believe and who was to betray him.

65 He went on, 'This is why I told you that no one could come to me except by the gift of the Father.'

66 After this, many of his disciples went away and accompanied him no more.

67 Then Jesus said to the Twelve, 'What about you, do you want to go away too?'

68 Simon Peter answered, 'Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the message of eternal life,

69 and we believe; we have come to know that you are the Holy One of God.'Gospel, John 6:60-69


I'm not sure what that was all about but it seems that old Jesus got ahead of himself in thinking that his convoluted logic and fairy tales would go well with his followers (disciples). That of course wouldn't happen until many centuries later when the Catholic Church became a bit more proficient in brainwashing and was more readily able to dupe the 'faithful'. At the time most, except for a hard core of nutters (apostles) most of the Jewish followers had a bit more common sense and used it along with their feet.

I posted a comment in reply, a little in keeping with what I said just then and, blow me down, Robert then deleted the post including my comment.

As I said, I wasn't sleeping so strolled through Richard's blog (it didn't get me to sleep strange enough) and checked my recent few posts where I knew that Robert had posted comments. He had removed them! 

Funny I thought. Robert said in an earlier comment:

 "I never delete comments but sometimes delete entire posts".

 

"Funny you should say that".




6 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Rob won't be commenting on this post.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Anyway, he's at church.

Richard (of RBB) said...

And probably pissed off at you.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Funny?

Richard (of RBB) said...

I don't know. Hey, but those cleaners look at lots of things.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

That Jesus didn't compromise is in His favour and something pertinent to today. He never said 'Hang on guys, look you don't have to eat me really, please come back'. God never forces anyone.