Monday 15 April 2024

PARADISE LOST

 It's a gorgeous day here (see pics).




There's no time for lying around all morning in a motel bed or surmising futilely about metaphysical monkeys - no, I've been active.

I've just been for a long walk and I had planned on loading up the trailer to take the rubbish to the tip but it's too darn (sic) hot. I might do it later or tomorrow.



Yeah, you knew I'd do that.


Yesterday was a lovely morning as well in our little slice of paradise but ....


.... not for everyone.

I heard the fire station's alarm go off in the morning and the fire engine headed out followed by a couple of police cars, an ambulance and the rescue helicopter. It was obviously something big and I assumed another incident at Ocean Beach where surfers get into trouble.

It was at Urquarts Bay which is a few bays along from ours where my sister has a holiday house. Apparently someone was killed in the water after having been run over by a boat or cut by a boat's propeller.

You can go out and enjoy the day and your surroundings but just never know what's next.


12 comments:

THE CURMUDGEON said...

And now it’s raining!

Richard (of RBB) said...

Ah! It's sunny herein Nuova Lazio!

Just home.

Both basses are fine.

Richard (of RBB) said...

here in - sorry

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Using archaic language like that makes me suspect that you've been reading Robert's bible.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Anyway, the rain stopped and I managed one trailer load to the tip - all vegetation at a cost of $22.
Tomorrow I'll take the 'hard' rubbish including recyclables and stuff to leave at the 'tip' shop' like old printers, heaters, fans etc.

Richard (of RBB) said...

You have fans? 😧

A fan club? 😮

Richard (of RBB)

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Predictable.

When I typed that I knew that you'd make a 'joke' like that.

After 36 years Lynn and I understand each other like that as well and, after about 50 years I guess that Shelley has the measure of you.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Is there a sandy beach?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Yes, several. Ocean Beach is the longest.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Robert gets more comments than this.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Well, Robert's posts are better thought out than mine. They are carefully crafted essays that encapture the human spirit, have important social messages and end with uplifting advice for those struggling to find meaning in life.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

You were talking of Robert Frost weren't you?