Thursday 4 April 2024

NORMAL THURSDAY

 


It's a hot and sunny day here - best we've had for a while.

I played tennis all morning and then went for a long and leisurely swim.




Yesterday I bought some shrubs from Mitre 10 but it's too hot for gardening this afternoon so will wait for a cooler day to plant them.

I bought seven coprosma plants in different colours.


These are a trial batch which I'll plant at the front of the property amongst the flax bushes. If successful I'll buy more to make things look more interesting.

Coprosma is a genus of flowering plants native to New Zealand, the Hawaiian Islands, Borneo, Java, New Guinea, islands of the Pacific Ocean to Australia, and the Juan Fernández Islands. About half of the 90 species of Coprosma are found in New Zealand.


I hung a metal tui sculpture I bought yesterday on the house to see how it would look.

Not bad


I picked the last of the chilli peppers and will freeze these for use in stir-fries, curries, eggs ranchero and other things that are improved with a bit of a bite. These ones are mild though which will balance out the hotter ones I have already frozen.




As it's too hot for gardening I'll watch the second innings of the women's one day cricket (NZ vs England) this afternoon.


Hey! How's your day going?















"Hey! What am I doing here?
I'd better get back to Richard's
Bass Bag pronto".












2 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Yesterday was a nice day, too cold for swimming down here. Did you grow those peppers outside?
Dad will have enjoyed your post from heaven.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Yes, the chillies grow in the planters at the back of the property. Everything grows well here even for a hopeless gardener like me.