Monday 22 April 2024

FANCIES

 The previous post on blogging stats was very successful and I'm really pleased.

The success is not in the number of comments received though as so far there have only been four. No, I measure success in the joy I brought to one old blogger who was chuffed to be congratulated on his blogging frequency and to  have been awarded a bronze medal.

You're welcome old blogging guy, enjoy!

If you can bring a little bit of joy to an elderly person from time to time then there's a place in heaven for you if such a place existed.

I kind of borrowed and paraphrased that from Robert's 'ROB' blog:


I wonder if he'll put a good word in for me to the Vatican at the next round of saint selection? I'd fancy that.


*****************

Moving on but talking about fancy - here's a photo taken in Whangarei Heads yesterday (not by me) of a poseur (not me):


We have lots of interesting birdlife here and it's always a treat to see them.


Here's another poseur, this one from the 1970s:


I didn't dress like this myself, preferring the denim and cowboy shirt look but I do remember that Richard sported red velvet trousers and a vinyl jacket at uni. Maybe he still has duds like these that he wants to tell us about?

5 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

No comment from Rob.
You might be down to one reader.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

I'm here. Just thinking about saints.
a. We are all called to be saints.
b. I doubt if the new priest at my parish even knows my name.
c. The Church is a hierarchy and any recommendation would have to go through the local Bishop. I do not know who the Bishop of the Auckland diocese is.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Sheesh!
I’d be better off calling up old Frank myself - umm - do you have his phone number?

Richard (of RBB) said...

My mother told me it was - VAT 69.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I like that and the address is probably Church Road.