Thursday 11 April 2024

HAVING A WILD NIGHT

 


It's going to be a wild night tonight and I think and I know what you're thinking. The Old Girl's away - currently in Glasgow and on her way to Aberdeen today (her time). The Curmudgeon is loose baby!


Well, I wish. 

Actually, I don't. I'm still very happy after 36 years of living with The Old Girl and would never put that at risk even if I wanted to.

My looseness is probably due to the two glasses of Tipping Point Rose I've drunk while preparing dinner. Dinner tonight is Basil Chilli Chicken which is minced chicken cooked with basil, spring onion, garlic, stock, capsicum, sliced green beans and green and red chillies. - served over rice. I might have overdone it with the chillies but I've got a freezer full of them so I have to make inroads.

Now, regardless of how this spicy dinner is going to 'start me up' and get me 'loose' later the fact is that we are expecting a big storm tonight. We've already had a bit of rain and high winds today and now things are still but I don't trust that old weather god (Richard the Norse religion follower probably knows her/his/it's name) and fully expect a night of high winds battering the house and big rains carrying the gravel from my drive away.

Mind you, after my two glasses of wine (and I might sneak in a third - Villa Maria Reserve chardonnay) I'll hopefully sleep like a baby.

CLICK ME



3 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

No.
I've seen babies sleep.
You'll sleep like an old man. 🤪😃

Richard (of RBB)

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Basil chillie chicken sounds yummy. I always tend to use too much chillie too.
Greek god of weather? Google says it is old Zeus himself, thunder bolts and all that.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I said NORSE god Robert!

Maybe it's Heimdall: Guardian of Bifröst
Heimdall, a revered figure in Norse mythology, serves as the Guardian of Bifröst, the rainbow bridge connecting Asgard to Midgard. As the watchman of the gods, Heimdall possesses unparalleled senses, enabling him to hear the grass grow and see great distances.

That would be applicable to Richard and his posts - they are like hearing grass grow.