Monday 9 August 2021

AND SO SAY ALL OF ... ME

It was my birthday yesterday - sixty-nine years old and only a few days older than Richard!

I don't like Patty Hill's dirge-like Happy Birthday song unless it's sung by Marilyn Monroe and prefer Stevie Wonder's song. 




In lyrics, Paul McCartney almost nailed it:

"When I get older losing my hair
Many years from now"

       - Too late that started to happen a while ago.

"Will you still be sending me a Valentine
Birthday greetings bottle of wine?"

       - Yes, she still does but wants to share the wine.

"If I'd been out till quarter to three
Would you lock the door?"

        - I'm assuming that it's quarter to three in the afternoon that's intended there. No, she doesn't lock me out until about 6PM.

"Will you still need me, will you still feed me
When I'm sixty-four?"

       - It's sixty-nine now. She still feeds me but I'm not so sure about the needing me though.

"You'll be older too
And if you say the word
I could stay with you"

       - Yep, she's sixty-five - the oldest woman I've ever slept with I tell her and usually get a sharp look or a punch in return.

"I could be handy, mending a fuse
When your lights have gone"

       - No, no, she would agree that I'm hopeless at that and would say "let's get a man in".

"You can knit a sweater by the fireside
Sunday mornings go for a ride"

       - Yes, that's spot on.

"Doing the garden, digging the weeds
Who could ask for more"

       - Bugger, don't get her started.

"Will you still need me, will you still feed me
When I'm sixty-four"

       - Sixty nine.






What did I get for my birthday?

I got a Play Station 4. Today when we go into town I'm going to see if I can buy a second hand copy of Red Dead Redemption II.

What else are we doing today?

We're going to get our first Covid-19 vaccination shot.





6 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Happy birthday! Sorry, I forgot! 69! I'm only 68. 😁

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Thanks old guy.

Richard (of RBB) said...

No, I'm young. 68.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

If I'd known I would have sent you a bible. I'm glad Arthur Schopenhauer is back. I think he was writing about our little blogging community when he wrote: "The hedgehog's dilemma, or sometimes the porcupine dilemma, is a metaphor about the challenges of human intimacy. It describes a situation in which a group of hedgehogs seek to move close to one another to share heat during cold weather. They must remain apart, however, as they cannot avoid hurting one another with their sharp spines. Though they all share the intention of a close reciprocal relationship, this may not occur, for reasons they cannot avoid."

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I could use a bible or two.
It's cold up here and I have lots of firewood but no kindling to get the fire started.

joan hardy said...

Hi viewers, I'm posting this Because i found lots of people having marriage problems which I also experienced. I recently found help from a man called Dr. Oselumen he did a great job that made my man fell back in love with me again after ten months of separation. I want you to know there are fake online spell Dr .s if someone out there needs help, can email this great spell caster, droselumen@gmail. com check or connect with him on WhatsApp +2348054265852. He will give you the best result. 
CONTACT HIM FOR ANY KIND OF HELP,MONEY SPELL,LOTTERY SPELL,PREGNANCY SPELL,DIVORCE SPELL,SPELL TO STOP COURT CASE AND WIN ANY COURT PROBLEM,DEATH SPELL,BUSINESS SPELL,HEALING SPELL,SPELL TO REMOVE BLACK MAGIC OUT FROM YOUR LIFE,FAMILY AND MARRIAGE PROBLEM.