Monday 16 August 2021

NO RELIGION, NO RELIGION, NO RELIGION HERE TODAY


NO RELIGION - VAN MORRISON 


Well I'm gobsmacked.

Robert the Inveterate Spinner, in his last three posts on his blog hasn't had a religious theme going or even mentioned religion other than posting an image of a rather Arian, gay looking and masochistic Jesus Christ.



What's going on (imagine a classy link to that great Marvin Gaye song here)?

Has Robert seen the error of his ways?

Has the prospect of The Taliban taking civilisation backwards by 17 centuries scared him?

Has he been reading Kurt Vonnegut recently?

We'll never know and, if he tries to explain it in an incomprehensible post we won't be any the wiser.

Am I being mean? Yes, I think so but the events of the last few days in a far-flung area of the world brings it home to me that people who embrace a religion of any sort and politicise it and use it to settle old (very old) scores and act like barbarians clinging to ancient, silly and disproven beliefs are not only shits but they are dangerous and need to be put in their place.

There's no way that I can help but I'm bloody glad that we have a good prime minister (the best in my lifetime) who is doing her bit.

3 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

I bet the Taliban will keep things like guns when they move back to the 4th century.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Sorry I was distracted by Richard's comment and completely forgot my retort to your post.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

It seems that you are still forgetting to retort to my post.