Saturday 28 August 2021

MY LIFE AS A PENCIL

 


No, just kidding. This post is about being bored under lockdown but I can't imagine anyone being that bored that they would take up Richard's little challenge to write an essay on 'My Life as a Pencil'.


Northland has been included with Auckland in the Level 4 Lockdown law. This means that for at least the next two weeks I won't be able to play golf or tennis, go to see a film, go kayaking or have an affair with the woman next door. Note: One of those was made up.
I might have to read some more of Richard's blog posts or, heaven forbid, read Robert's posts although I don't comment on those.

I'll have to find something to do though as already that pencil essay challenge is nagging at me. The Literary Curmudgeon, The Curmudgeon Express, The Blue Man, The Wine Guy, The Twitter Curmudgeon and The Food Curmudgeon will all be in my head soon saying "Write something. Anything to keep that old guy happy."

No, not yet. I'm listening to music through my headphones while writing this and had a thought- "I can do that".


I might take up playing the double bass or the violin.

I mean, how hard could that be? Just drag a bow across some strings and make some nosies.
Chris's wife Sue told me that it's a piece of cake and that if I needed any advice then she could help me out.

It's worth a thought.





1 comment:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Yeah, go for it. The double bass is the easiest - you just move your fingers up and down the big fat strings. I think that Sue is all booked up for violin lessons right now.

Hey, have a go at My Life as a Pencil. It'll be a good starting point. I know bob will be a starter. So will The Literary Curmudgeon and Father Mike (the Taihape one).