Wednesday 25 August 2021

JUST TRYING TO MAKE SENSE OF IT ALL*

 * Not Covid-19 or the lockdown. I'm trying to make sense of this 'like what' bob wrote in his blog bob's blog.

"As I walked the dog along the river this morning I listened to Fr Mike. He came up with a couple of good bits of advice.

"Better to eat herbs than eat a fattened bull from someone that is hateful".

"A mother is as happy as her saddest sibling"

Now I'm no Einstein but neither am I stupid. Those two sayings just don't make sense to me.

I'd rather eat herbs (assuming it means a salad) than a 'fattened bull' any-day regardless of who owned the bull.

The second statement got itself confused (as did Father Mike and bob). The word shouldn't be 'sibling' but should be 'child as in: "A mother is as happy as her saddest child".

You can read the post in question HERE where you will discover where that statue that was at Blackfriars Priory School in Adelaide got to.




Now maybe hidden in bob's garden in Moera.




2 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Looking at these statues, maybe lockdown should be called cockdown.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Looking at that comment it seems that Nuova Lazio is suffering from browdown.