Thursday 5 August 2021

OK, I'M CONFUSED*

* But not as confused as the author of this post:




""A prudent man conceals his knowledge but fools proclaim their folly" 
Proverbs.


As I emptied the bins for a cleaner with a bad knee I came across a beautiful rainbow flag near desks where PhD students work at computer screens.
It reminded me of a podcast I'd listened to by Fr Francis Dominic. In his podcast the Catholic priest said that Adam and Eve's sin was to chose the created thing over the creator. Adam and Eve chose the beautiful tree and its beautiful fruit instead of God who was standing just on the other side of the tree."



Normally I would provide a link to another blogger's post but with Robert this isn't advised as, between the time of my posting it and my readers reading it (seconds usually), Robert will have deleted the post if not the entire blog.

I didn't place a comment on Robert's post because, well, I don't anymore for reasons that you would have to go back a few weeks reading my, Richard's and Robert's posts (good luck with Robert's) to understand. I have been ignoring his blog for reasons that .... well, you should now know but today I did take a peek.
WTF! The post (as faithfully reproduced above with the original spelling and grammar mistakes) seems, to me, to negate a lot of what Robert has espoused (a little in-joke there) before.

To start with the opening quote from Proverbs (Proverbs 12:23 to be exact) kind of says to me that Robert since, well, since forever, has been foolishly proclaiming his folly in 'espousing' christian (especially catholic) doctrine when if he'd been prudent he would have kept this nonsense to himself.

Moving on to the meat though, the picture of Robert embracing a rainbow flag is priceless. Robert, usually embracing and 'espousing' catholicism's gobbledygook of how LGBT people's lifestyles and indeed, actual existence, is an effrontery to his and to the church's imagined deity(s) yet now waxing lyrical about the PHD students' gay flag and somehow misinterpreting it as an endorsement of a silly biblical story just about makes me want to read his blog posts again. Just about.

He then went on to state this nonsense:

"Catholic priest said that Adam and Eve's sin was to chose the created thing over the creator. Adam and Eve chose the beautiful tree and its beautiful fruit instead of God who was standing just on the other side of the tree."


I'll se you on the other side. 

3 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

I'd guess that Robert now sees abortion as a women's right to choose. Good on you Robert. Welcome to the colorful side.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Yes, I'm pleased that he's embracing rainbows, sensible


proverbs and, well, a new way of seeing the world hopefully.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Robert has been saved.




Though he will go to hell if christianity turns out to be true.