Saturday 21 August 2021

THEY'RE HERE!


 



I see that the other bloggers have been banging on about the lockdown. I guess they've run out of ideas.

I wasn't going to but ..... you know.

We're in a 3 to 7 day lockdown that could end up by being extended by a month or more all because some needy people wanted to travel to Australia and back. I've been getting annoyed at people in my community who've travelled to Australia and the Cook Islands - just because they can. To some of them, in the tennis club and others, I've asked them why and did they know how irresponsible they are being. Generally I just get a blank expression back or the comment "but it's allowed".

We've had ridiculous flyers and newspapers put in or mailbox by ill-informed drongos who don't believe that Covid-19 is a real thing or that the vaccine is safe and beneficial and who spill their filth on to others particularly those souls who don't have sufficient reasoning power to make informed decisions.

We've also had a lot of people coming up here to stay in their holiday houses or to stay in Air B&B places. Why? Because they can, or, as it isn't strictly legal, they could get away with it.

We've got along safely for 18 months so far but this latest 'Delta' variant of the virus that spreads so quickly is a worry. We can expect to be like Victoria or NSW in a week. What's so hard for people to understand about this?

Oh, I know, they listen to or read fringe and dodgy communications on Facebook or other social media or worse, from right wing FOX-type news channels.




2 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Yep. You're pretty much on the button with this post.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Haven't got time to post, I see.