Wednesday 25 August 2021

WALKING

 I went for  a nice walk this morning along the Reotahi loop track. It's only about 3kms but I've been a bit lazy recently so have to easy myself (and my dodgy knee) back into it.

Everything was as usual except for the absence of boating activity due to lockdown. The longer this goes on the better for the cleanliness of the water which once again is showing up nice and clear. Last year after the month and a half lockdown, motor boats couldn't spill diesel and churn up sediment. See: HERE

There are some steep sections on the track so I take my trusty Kathmandu hiking stick.

This has a nifty screw-in bit at the top for attaching a camera when you want to get a nice steady shot. You can use the stick like a tripod. I'd show you this but my camera is in the study and The Old Girl is in there on a conference call.

Just for the information of some of the readers - I didn't break my wrist from holding on to the strap the wrong way and I didn't have to use the stick to ram down the throats of attacking dogs. Just so you know.

At the top of the track I sat at my favourite spot viewing the bay.


Unfortunately the view is marred by an ugly ship at anchor.



Apparently it's a fishing boat that the owner has 'parked' there as he doesn't want to pay port charges. I hope that the local council or marine authorities get rid of it. Maybe they'll give him a ticket and tow it away.


Anyway, the view was still OK so I sat and enjoyed it for a few minutes.

On the way up the road I saw this and wondered if junk food cravers would soon be queuing up in the driveway.



Maybe bob can tell me.


How's your day going?




4 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

I hope you wore a mask as you ignored the lock down.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I walked in my local area. I was alone and met no-one.
What the hell is wrong with you?
Maybe I should borrow your aluminium foil hat next time I go out or anoint myself with holy water.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Good to see you boys having fun.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Yep, thanks, all good.....




(Has he gone?)


Now, where was I up to?