Sunday 6 March 2022

BIRDSTRIKE

 I was sitting in the study typing an irreverent post under the guise of The Curmudgeon's Agony Aunt in which I was saying some rude things about Catholicism when - BANG - a bird slammed into the window.

"Bloody hell" I thought "not the Holy Ghost?" Sometimes thoughts can be irrational and can draw from deeply repressed Catholic teachings.

I looked out the window and saw a kingfisher sitting on the driveway close to the house. It looked rather upset. I quickly went outside to rescue it.


The kingfisher was stunned and was just sitting, with its beak open, gathering its wits. I sat with it for several minutes hoping that it would recover as other birds have in the past. Eventually it roused itself and flew away. I watched where it went - to the powerline at the front of the house where it sat for another few minutes before leaving for, I guess, its nest.


It was a good outcome for all - for the kingfisher who hopefully is OK and for me who hasn't had the Holy Ghost sent to shit all over me.






2 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Good on you. Shelley makes me even rescue trapped flies. I've gotten pretty good at it.

Anonymous said...

I avoid hurting spiders when cleaning houses...I like the image and I copied the seven gifts of the Spiritus Sanctus.