Monday 28 March 2022

NEW SEATING ARRANGEMENTS

The Old Girl declared, on the weekend, that she wanted to get rid of the two barstools we have in the kitchen.


She bought these off Trade Me many years ago. They are a retro design named Viennese Cafe. The stools are made of wood  with armrests "based on bentwood tradition of beech logs manual bending." I got that quote from a website selling these at $280 each plus $190 shipping - total $470 each. I guess the cost is in the fancy description. The Old Girl bought the pair for $50 and collected them herself about 15 years ago. I hate them.

The more observant reader will have noticed that I've mentioned these chairs before on this blog. See: HERE

As I said, I hate them and am glad that thy've gone .....oh, I should mention that I posted a picture of them on Neighbourly yesterday and immediately had people responding.  I gave them away FREE. I contacted the first person who enquired who turned out to be an elderly dame. She arranged for a guy from her church to collect them and sure enough, he turned up this morning. He said that he helps out a lot of elderly people and that they were going to a good home. I'm glad as I don't like giving stuff away to chancers who immediately turn around and sell the items on Facebook or Trade Me. They are tall though (the seat is 75cm from the floor) so I hope the old dame doesn't fall off.

They took up a fair bit of space. Here's the area now that they've gone:


The Old Girl will be looking to buy some more and this time I'll (hopefully) have some input. I'd like a tall bench seat or three barstools.

Time will tell. I will post an update later.






9 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

This is a post!

Richard (of RBB) said...

Well done! The comments are rolling in!

Richard (of RBB) said...

Well done! The comments are rolling in!

Richard (of RBB) said...

I said that twice to give you an extra comment.




No need for thanks. 😉

Richard (of RBB) said...

5





Again no need for thanks.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

I think the new seating arrangement has something to do with Covid and maintaining a two meter distance.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Thanks for all the comments. I knew that I was on a winner with this post.

I'm inspired to write another and - here it is.*









* Just give me a chance to write it.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Where is part 2?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Don't be so impatient.